||All portraits are done from photos. If possible, I prefer to take my own, but I can use your photos. Copyrighted photos will require a written release from the photographer.
It's best to send several photos from different angles or several which each depict a feature of the horse to its best advantage.
Portrait Ordering Procedure
- Mail or email one or more photographs to the artist. Send good quality images, as large as possible - the clearer the detail the better. Emailed photos should be scanned at 300 dpi.
- Indicate the size required (artist will provide a list of standard canvas sizes (custom sizes will require an additional fee) and any special instructions or customizations to be done, such as removing tack, background changes, etc.
- A non-refundable 50% deposit is required to begin work, payable by personal check, credit card or PayPal.
- Allow at least 8 weeks for the portrait to be completed, although portraits are generally completed much more quickly.
- Upon completion the artist will send an image of the portrait by email or through the mail for approval or any changes.
- After approval, the buyer will complete payment arrangements. Shipment will take place after the balance due is paid.
- Shipping charges are not included in the portrait price and will vary by canvas size and destination. A specific quote will be provided during the ordering arrangements.
- Contact the artist with your questions or to request the phone number by email
*Copyright law states that the artist retains all copyrights to and all rights of reproduction of all images from the moment of creation unless specifically released in writing. An additional fee will apply. Reproductions of the created images may be in the form of prints, card, etc.